United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
BoostedBMW i have a few quick questions for you

Im 5'7 and weigh around 180 so Im not in good shape but I've lost 20-30 lbs so far by just eating healthy and doing cardio+weights 4-5 days a week at the gym. Its been about 4 months.
How can I speed up the weight loss? I don't want to get cut or built, just slim.

I can get by with eating very little, I have pretty good control over that. For the 1st month I only at around 1k to 1.5k cal per day. After the 1st month I ate more protein.
Also, over the 4 months I've been eating mostly protein and very little carbs, should I cut out some protein too to maximize weight loss and just eat veggies and some fruit?
Im not cutting any food group out completely, but Im just saying, very little carbs and protein, and mostly fiber and fruits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
Thank you so much for your reply Boosted335
I barely eat any carb now..barely a bowl of rice or some double fiber bread.
I eat mostly protein now, I think I should eat a lot less of it, like what I have done with carbs.
So I should eat mainly veggies?

Can I still do weights because I enjoy it. I don't do too much basically do every muscle groups 3 reps every day, takes me about 30-40 minutes to go through the weighs and about 40 minutes of cardio every day. And also, having a little bit of muscle doesn't hurt either right?

Overall I want to look slim, but if I can speed it up by doing light weights too and have some toned muscle, why not?

please advise if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks so much.

First off... props to you for getting to the gym and sticking with it. Now, in my opinion, you are making a mistake by only focusing on having the scale move at any cost and not worrying about body composition along the way, which will most likely end with not so great results (ie. being skinny fat after all of that work). I would never look to cut more than 2lbs/week... you may think right now that all you want is to be "skinny," but if you keep restricting your cals by so much you will end up melting off muscle along the way, which in the end will lead to a much lower BMR, and some unimpressive body composition.

I think that 1k-1500kcal per day is too low for you. NO, you should NOT cut out your protein intake as well. I would actually recommend that you keep your protein intake to at least 100g per day, and raise your overall cals to around 2k per day. Your body is very smart, and it will look to retain as much fat as possible, and by completely cutting out carbs (ie. only eating vegetables and fruit), your body's leptin levels will drop off steeply (that's the main hormone responsible for burning fat), which is fine at first, but overtime you should definitely incorporate refeeds/carb ups into your diet on a weekly basis where you will eat up to maintenance cals and double your carbohydrate intake for the day. BTW, fruit doesn't have much of an effect on leptin levels. I do a carb-up once per week while cutting and aim for 1lb/week loss, but my goals are to retain as much lean mass as possible, which I think everyone should aim for regardless of whether or not they want to be "cut." Eventually, you should aim for a healthy lifestyle and not just a temporary "diet" where retaining more muscle after your done dieting will be much more beneficial for simply maintaining your goal weight.

BTW, I am by no means an expert, nor do I claim to be one, so feel free to take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm just a car enthusiast who is also into lifting and living a healthy lifestyle. Everyone should do their own research and come to their own conclusions. I can only speak from experience with what works for me, but everyone is different, and there are more than one way to reach the same end goal, but with that said there are also MANY myths that surround fat loss (ie. no carbs after X:XXpm or pre-bed, avoid all fats, etc), so I try to provide input if I think it can help direct you through the BS and toward your goals.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0