View Single Post
      11-27-2023, 05:35 PM   #85
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
I forgot, where did Checo finish in the Formula One drivers championship?
Hating on the Mexican again.

For the first time in a decade Alonso has not screwed the Pooch in ride choosing and you want him to jump ship?
Checo didn't even score half the points as his teammate, won 2 races compared to 19 against said teammate, and was routinely door busted by vastly inferior cars. He was absolutely demolished and exposed this year. He started strong but was absolutely rekt by Miami Max and then disappeared for the vast remainder of the year.

I don't even want to get into qualifying positions compared to Max but here are some of Checo's starts this year (20, 11, 12, 15, 16, 9, 7, 13, 9, 9, 12, 9). Those are absolutely horrendous starts in over half the races with a machine that was far superior to anything else on the road. He should have been in the top 4 qualifying spot at the very least for nearly every race this year.

In F1 the best comparison to a driver's skill is his teammate, and Checo is so woefully inadequate compared to Max it's frightening.

Fair on Alonso of course, but still want to see him in a real Championship contending car before the sun sets!
Appreciate 4