View Single Post
      12-26-2021, 07:49 PM   #21
Saejin
Captain
Rep
Drives: None

I’m not quite convinced yet. Watched a few different review vids on YouTube and still have doubts. Also read this is built on a on-off platform that won’t be used in any other EVs coming out from BMW. BMW will/is developing a common platform to be used by both EV and ICE vehicles in the future. Not sure what that means for the iX.

Also range seems to be still up in the air. I’ve seen for the iX50 300 up to 391 for range. And all seem to take a hit when you really get on the power which happens to all other EVs as well.
Just would like to know what the true range is during a summer in Texas, running the AC at 68, ventilated seats on, etc…or in the winter in Colorado with heater at 73, heated seats and steering wheel on as well.

Interior styling is interesting. Not sure why everything has to be controlled via touch screen. BMW has a great setup now to with the HVAC on its own hard button controls. I know you can adjust temp independently on the screen in the iX, but I’ve had situations where I need to adjust temp and airflow for the rear, defrost, vent speeds up front, etc. Would hate to do this all via touch again as we owned an XC90 that used a screen for everything.
Also switching drive modes via the touch screen and not a button is a step backwards.

And why does the screen have to look like an afterthought on the dash. It’s just like they built the dash and then bolted the wide screen on there. Would like to see a better more seemless integration.
And how the center console with the idrive controller sits above the cup holders and wireless charger. It looks like I’d have to reach below and tilt a drink sideways to get it out. Much prefer the single center console where the cup holders are in the front for easier access.

And why the seat controls on the door now instead of the actual seat. That’s a Mercedes design trait and not BMW.

Second on the split tailgate. It’s been a trademark of the X5 and X7.

Back on the touch screen. It’s gonna be so distracting using that to adjust things while driving. And some will say you need to adjust anything…just set it and forget it. For most that will probably be how they drive everyday. I find myself adjusting quite a few things while driving like drive modes depending on traffic, lane keep assist on and off depending on road conditions, HVAC as the sun sets and things get cooler or sunrise and things get warmer, and entertainment sources/tracks/stations.

Hopefully a lot of things are built into the steering controls and idrive controller…also didn’t see the typical BMW preset buttons we’ve all come to love.

2022-2023 will see a bunch of new EVs come out from Audi, Porsche, MB, etc so I’d hold off on calling this the winner. I built a fully loaded one at $104K…you can get the others for just as much fully loaded.
Appreciate 0