MetsFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 G37x

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
I work for a construction company for mostly pharmaceutical companies, so I see a lot of new up and coming construction from some of these companies. I only started here a couple of years ago, but I've thought about investing based on who is building more facilities. Granted, the pharmas have been doing well as a whole, but I figure if they're getting new facilities, it might mean they're doing more research.

Here's a list of some of the companies I've seen come across in the past two years:

REGN: ~$200 when I started, now at $571
BMY: ~$30 to $$65
SAN:EN: ~$75 to $90
VRTX: ~$50 to $125
BAX: this one's a little tricky since the stock split, but they are working on some major construction that's going to be complete next year.

P&G is the latest large project that has come through:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...ason/24913621/

If you guys are interested, I'll post if I see anything major come through.
There hasn't been much activity in this thread recently. Where's mact??

It looks like some of the companies I posted last year are down. Here are some other new and up and coming construction from pharma companies though if anyone is interested.

These companies aren't yet public, but might be ones to watch:
Crispr Therapeutics, Ginko Bioworks

And here are the ones that are public:
Shire (SHPG) - They have been making a lot of moves recently, including buying Baxalta(BAX)
Mondelez (MDLZ) - Food and not pharma, but they are doing some construction.
Bristol Myers (BMY) - They are still renovating and growing. It also looks like they are up 25% over my post last year.
AtraZeneca (ADR) - They are about to start some major construction.
Appreciate 0