Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
The registers tell them how much change to return. They were not trained, and haven't learned how to count back change manually. It is a result of technology. Fewer and fewer pay with cash. When I was working as a cashier many moons ago, everyone used cash, so counting back change was more regular.
Don't disagree.

Quote:
I was taught when counting back change to place the loose change in the customers hand first, then the bills. That way they can hold the change in the palm and with the same hand hold the bills while they place the bills back with a wallet held in the other hand. Today they seem to always place the Bill's first, then the change and I have to shuffle the change around to put the bills away.
Don't you hate that. I especially hate when the try to force you to take the receipt and place it between the change and bills. Sure you want to play that game...let me hold up the entire line while I sort out your mess and put away my money.

Quote:
I don't see any of this as an indictment of society, youth or anything else.
Perhaps the change thing may not be based on what you say above...but the deer in the headlights and common sense of knowing what do is an indictment of society.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15561.50