Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 440xiGCMsport View Post
BMW should go the route of Tesla and make electric cars that don't look like EVs.
This looks as ugly as the Gran Turd GT cars.
Did they not learn anything looking at the i3 sales numbers from last month's sales of only 391 cars?
Again its a different story in other markets especially with some markets receiving the 94H.
Its an EV a BMWi model therefore it sticks with the philosophy "Born Electric" therefore it is not a conventional car electrified.
There will be EV as will as PHEV models as BMW cover all tastes in the market.
Auto manufacturers still don't get it. Aerodynamics is fine but the masses don't want an EV that looks... weird! If Tesla can make a Model 3 (prototype) that doesn't look weird and actually looks decent and sells like hot-cakes doesn't that send a message to BMW, VW, Mercedes etc that if you can actually build a compelling car (rather than trying to create a model for every individual taste in every possible market) people will buy!

I'm not saying the Tesla Model S is the best automotive design ever created (far from) but it's a simple, well executed design and amazing all-electric power train. If it weren't so expensive many more people would adopt the all-electric platform. PHEV isn't the same - I for one do not want an engine in my daily driver unless it was made in the 70's or 80's and in a sports car.

BMW make me a compelling all-electric sedan (some key words there) and people (myself included) will buy. It's proven.