View Single Post
      02-23-2021, 07:44 PM   #31
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
Could have been, but he was not driving an X5 or a GLE for that matter. My X3M is no feather weight either, but it is fairly adept at handling. The antiquated 1980’s Ford Explorer example doesn’t really apply in 2021 as manufacturers have engineered in numerous safety mechanisms since then. Hell you might as well throw in the Isuzu Trooper or early “lifted” Jeep Wranglers as well. So I don’t buy the 5k not a sports car argument. Perhaps the cart is before the horse at this point as the cause of the accident is yet to be determined. That being said, brands often use celebrities to endorse/sell products. Pictures of that crashed Genesis GV80 with brand logos prominently displayed on the front doors has the potential to affect the perception of those considering puchase. And those that don’t know will soon know what a Genesis is. If you don’t think that Hyundai/Genesis will not make an effort to reinforce the validity of their flagship, all good
Conversely, if he was speeding and just straight up effed up while driving, and lived to tell about it? Best PR ever..."Genesis, the brand that saved Tiger".