Thread: Cigars
View Single Post
      08-03-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i

There are travel humidors available, but ultimately, it depends on how many cigars you want to carry with you. Seeing as you have limited space and you don't really want to carry a box around with you, you can buy small cigar pouches and buy a cigar pillow to put inside. You soak the cigar pillow in water, and it absorbs the water, then slowly releases humidity to keep your cigars fresh.

There are 3 main things you want to pay attention to when storing your cigars. Most important would be humidity, for a cigar left in a dry place for even a couple days can be ruined. Second, is temperature, and third is the materials which surrounds the cigar. Cigars should be stored in a 70 degree/70 percent relative temperature and humidity. If you are storing your cigars long term, make sure they are sealed in a humidor made of Spanish cedar, which gives off the least amount of its own odor and therefor wont affect the taste of your cigars. If you are only buying a handful of cigars at a time, and smoking them all probably within 3-6 months, that won't be as big of an issue.

What type of cigar also vastly depends on your preference and taste. It's kind of like wine in that regard. Some of my favorites:

Bahia gold
J. Fuego natural
Ashton Cabinet
Dunhill cigars (most people like Davidoff, and I do too, but Dunhill cigars are one of my favorites)
Graycliff Red

I rarely smoke flavored cigars, pretty much only when I'm with girls or people who prefer them, I like Drew Estate Natural's Dirt Torpedo.

Hope this helps out, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! Oh, and if you ever come up to Nor Cal, one of the largest humidor rooms on the west coast is up here and the owner's a buddy of mine. The shop is called Tobacco Republic in Loomis. Give him a call, his name is Ron and tell him Charles sent you.
Appreciate 0