tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMick View Post
the essence of counterfeit is deception, that makes it abhorrent

It's like going to a bank to deposit your money, only to find out it's a sham operation...

It's like going to a doctor, only to find out later he forged his diploma and license...

Well who cares, no one got hurt, and the financial loss was minor. I suppose it all comes down to the kind of person you are, a liar, a sham, a fake. Well in that case, it's right up your alley.

Personally, I hate fakes. No amount of flawless argument against Swiss horology industry will make a fake any more genuine, and a genuine into a fake.

The word replica is garbage. No license exists to replicate, and no stamp of replica on the dial. It's still a pos fake.
Off Topic:
The view from atop the moral high ground is indeed how the world should look to everyone. Unfortunately in some instances it's a hill to climb, for other folks it's a mountain. How many of your tangible resources, intangible ones -- time -- are you willing to spend in a way that ensures everyone who's not with you can make their way to the mountain top and stand beside you?

You may recall a recent war that was promoted and fought from the moral high ground. I think "Iraqi freedom" was the call. I gotta tell you, that was some mighty costly moral high ground, but I guess Iraqis are now free. There are a lot of North Koreans who aren't free either, so there's plenty more moral high ground we can claim.

I'm using that just as an example to illustrate the cost -- time, money, lives, etc. -- of the moral high ground. I didn't say that as a vehicle for taking this down a political route; I expressly want to avoid the political aspect of it.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 03-12-2014 at 03:02 AM..
Appreciate 0