11-23-2021, 09:01 AM   #7
PABrian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow, I agree with virtually nothing he's saying. Specifically in the beginning:

- It's not a complicated design
- BMW's lineup shouldn't all look the same because then they'd be Mercedes and everything would be boring and unoriginal
- The differentiation BMW has within their lineup is specifically what gives character to each car, appealing more to each individual segment they compete in
- Towards the end he mentions that BMW is just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks...sure, because that's exactly how a huge, publicly traded, for-profit, longtime business like BMW operates....

The end result looks like an amorphous, miscellaneous crossover that looks a lot smaller than it should. He threw a curvy front-end on a car with monolithic (as BMW put it), more angled sides, which someone like him should realize doesn't work. If BMW made the iX like he drew it, proportionally, it would look incredibly odd.

I'm not saying the iX is perfect the way it is, but man...I don't think he fixed it at all. He's very sensational in his presentation and his Phososhop skills are very good, so I'm sure he'll gain a lot of traction with his followers...
Appreciate 0