View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Sorry Maestro, but your example/argument does not stand up or is flawed at best...

Endgame was released in April 2019 and went on to break numerous box office records in various markets. Worldwide, it set the record for highest-grossing film of all time, the highest opening weekend gross, and the fastest cumulative grosses through $2.5 billion!

It achieved that ginormous profit in less than 6 months time! There are VERY few things/services/products in this world that generate that kind of profit that quickly. So to say that JJ made his decision to remain on the big screen to "impress people" is false. It just so happens that he in particular is known for making "Blockbuster Type" films that people actually will/want to go see. Including myself. Which is rare considering my Home Theater. There are very few films that I have or will bother to go see at the Theater. Movies from this guy, I will.
That is mostly because they charge more for a movie, like $18 at some theater, yes you break records if all you measure is $ verse number of butts in the seats, movies use to be $5 or $6 now $12 to $18, so it take 1/2 to 1/3 of the people to hit a $1B box office. Besides that I was not talking about your typical block buster but the every day movie. There is a group of loyal viewers who go to movies at a theater all the time, but the over group size has been in decline for the last 10 yrs.
Appreciate 0