View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 03:31 PM   #8
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
I agree with you that content creators are breaking off and starting their own platform and I've accepted the fact. What irks me about what's going on here is that Apple is not a content creator. They're just throwing money at talent to buy exclusivity. It's one thing for a company like HBO to keepp their content exclusive but Apple has no right trying to lock content away in their ecosystem. The strategy is to force non-Apple users to buy into the ecosystem just so that they can enjoy the content that Apple has scooped up just by buying off creators much like what Epic Games is doing.

Whatever reason Mr. Abrams has for rejecting the offer doesn't matter to me as long as it's one less creator under the Apple umbrella.
To your point, I think Apple made a shoot at lockup one or two content creators to have them solely focused on Apple and Apple was willing to through lots of money at the deal. This is not an unusual deal, Steve jobs did the same deal with Pixar and Disney, Pixar had a 5 movie deal with Disney and could not make movies for anyone but Disney. Can not blame Apple for getting it a they have Billion sitting in the bank collecting dust,
Appreciate 0