02-18-2017, 10:36 PM   #16
SteveB_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbarago View Post
OK so today I drove around in comfort and a little Eco (auto e-gear) and almost drained the rest of the battery within 7 miles going 45 mph on flat roads.

I then switched to Sport and the car started to recharge at a very quick rate.

If im in Eco and im driving slow I experience almost no charge (and severe battery drain) unless I'm coasting/going down hills. I'm assuming this is the norm?

Are most of you primarily in sport for normal driving...unless coasting down hills etc? It seems that in Eco mode im still drainiing the same battery life as I would in full E-gear.

Sorry for all the questions- I had the car shipped in so had no genius to explain the car's different personalities.
For my last tank of fuel I only used Comfort or eDrive. Managed 430 miles with gentle driving.

With eDrive I actually got about 12 miles in the dark and cold (2 deg C) before the battery was drained. That was starting with a full charge and range reporting 14-17 depending on the day, outside temp and time.

Just using Comfort I did a few 60 mile drives starting with a full charge. Electric range reported between 14-17 depending on outside temp. I still had a couple of miles of betters range left when I reached my destination.
Appreciate 0