Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras550 View Post
^^^Couldn't agree with this more. Less than two thirds the range of the bolt. Looks no better than either the Bolt or the Leaf. And overpriced to boot. This should be priced at $30K (i.e. leaf) to be competitive. Maybe a $ 5K premium for the interior (only thing likeable about the car).

And this is coming from someone who ordered and almost bought an i3 REX 3 years ago. Back then they looked avante garde. Now they just look plain bad. I'm so glad I didn't buy one of these.

I've gone through 12 cars in my lifetime now. The i3 REx is one of the only cars that I would buy again back-to-back. It really is one of my favorite cars that I have owned. Notice I didn't say the best: electric only range isn't that great, it looks kinda weird, the suicide doors are sometimes cumbersome. It my favorite because its such a joy to drive on my commute. It's perfect around town, it's not pretentious, but it's still a BMW and it's still kind of sticks out as being unique in it's own way.

The Bolt, however, has a lot going for it. I love the range of the Bolt, but to me there is no passion in it, it's so boring in it's functionality. It still looks like an electric car, but not in a way that makes it interesting: it looks more like an economy car trying to look futuristic but not quite succeeding. The i3, on the other had, is polarizing enough to at least be interesting. There is nothing boring about the design, just look at it: its weird. Yet I can see the i8 styling cues, it still looks modern despite it's age. The interior has accomplished something that Tesla couldn't: beauty in simplicity. Where the Model 3 is stark and cold, the i3 is inviting and comforting, especially with the eucalyptus wood trim. No, it's not luxurious like a Rolls Royce, it's simple enough, nice enough.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
veylan7.00