View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 04:31 PM   #17
i8alot
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_1M View Post
Yes, I purchased a blue 2015 - 50k km, first owner car from the dealership and wasn't happy about the delivery too. Coincidence ;-)
Re-spray poorly executed, incorrect alarm system installed, comfort access still enabled (which can and should be coded out in Europe as it is a invitation to get your car stolen). That was 3 out of 5 requests they f***ed up (and that after a 2-month wait before picking up the car).
Agreed to give them a chance to fix it but only with a proper replacement vehicle. We drove nearly 2 weeks in a 2018 demo i8 roadster for free, turning my Mrs. into the coolest teacher by far ;-)
Took them longer than anticipated as the tank depressurization was faulty again (which had already been replaced once before). So I'm on my 3rd "tank" already.
Left the less desired alarm system installed and traded it against 2 new rear tires ... again FOC.
Obviously the f***ers installed the rear 625 styling wheels incorrectly (left wheel fitted on the right side and right wheel fitted left).
Just noticed it after bringing the car home.
Thank god my local (different) dealer has a great service department I can rely on!
No need to visit the selling dealer as warranty can be claimed (a month after the purchase date or so) at any dealership.

Well, moral of my story.
There are absolute idiot dealerships around and many of us are or have been suffering from it.
Get someone to deal with this case on your behalf. Get rid of it! Undo the sale and walk away without paying anything ... not a dollar and no commitment you buy any car of them after they take back the i8.
3rd party financing makes it complicated. Did you trade in a car?
Appreciate the context. This will definitely be my first and last BMW. Was also considering getting the x7 as a winter car but will look to the Range Rover or G-wagon (long waiting list here in Toronto). For the sports car, I'm being offered an Audi R8 and a 2019 Aston Martin Vantage at the price of a new i8 (after they heard about my experience).

BMW can't push supercars without having super level support system (customer service, technicians, loaners etc). This is why they are down 22% globally on electric car sales. People who can afford $200k cars are already in Ferraris and Lamborghinis and already experienced the level of customer service from both those companies.

I'm also wondering if location matters. I assume not many people are buying these cars in the Netherlands compared to Toronto? (excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong). So they generally just don't care?
Appreciate 0