View Single Post
      09-01-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
NathanOfSeattle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3 REX Giga World

Unable to open REX fuel cap

Shockingly, this is a more common topic than I realized, but wanted to ask as I've been searching past posts and haven't found any answers yet.

We recently purchased a pre-owned 2015 i3 Rex. Awesome deal by the way for pre-owned! Since then, we have coded our i3 to allow holding the SOC starting at 75% along with full access to the gas tank. This was to prepare for two 300ish mile road trips we had planned over the summer. For any doubters, yes the i3 can perform just fine on road trips with mountain ranges to cross over. I live in WA state and was able to cross over the Cascades, no problem, coded of course.

For both road trips, I would often let the REX run empty, then fill it at the next gas station while SOC was hovering around 72%. In every instance, I could not open the REX fuel cap without resorting to pulling the green switch thing found in the frunk. I've tried waiting for the fuel cap to open after pressing the fuel button. No luck.

Am I missing something here? It seems odd that I have to use, what I thought was a backup switch, to open up the fuel cap each time.
Appreciate 0