View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #72
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Great thread - I'm almost exclusively into SM so the spirits thread is hit or miss, this is more to the point. I'll have to post some pics when I sober up enough to snap some. For a while I was getting a bottle a week to try different things, so I have a lot of variety.

My current thing is the non-chill filtered ones. I find these to be more flavorful (like Ardbeg, Laphroaig CS and QC, etc.). Current fav's are Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Laphroaig CS or QC, Bruichladdich Port Charlotte, and Lagavulin (liking the 8yo a lot, and the 16 is a true classic). And A'Bunadh for when I'm more into sherry than peat (got a great deal on those a few years ago and sort of overbought - it was less than $60/bottle).

And is Eagle Rare one of those that went from using one source/recipe to another? I got a bottle a few years ago based on a ton of rave reviews, but it was really mediocre (IMO). Also totally common, available everywhere but some talk of it being quite rare. I continue to see mixed reviews, some love it, some not at all, and it made me wonder if I just got their low-rent version or something.
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4462.00