View Single Post
      03-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #62
Bertram28
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Not a great transport, not overpriced either

Thanks, STRESSDOC for fab photo. Yeah, I must lift my old guy into the front seat too, but he hops out fine. He is my fifth and last Aussie, not because of the i8. I rescued him 11 years ago when I left Janet behind. He's been a more reliable companion. He also motivates me to walk a mile three or four times a day. I haven't the heart to show him his replacement. His eyebrows are now white. More affected by our heat and humidity now but still loves his car rides. With passenger seat back lowered, his snort can waft the fresh air. He always gets the attention, not the i8.

I'd say paying on average $895 per month just for maintenance on a 1991 E34 M5 is paying too much to drive a BMW approaching 230,000 miles. That is exactly my experience, average monthly cost of only maintenance from 2008 into 2019. When I realized that, I opted to sell and jump into the i8. Sold the M5 for 150% of cost in 2008. The i8 brings sooo many improvements and safety features that its purchase was a no-brainer for me. I'd guess a F30 owner would jump at an i8 with net cost of zero maintenance, CPO coverage and monthly finance approaching $210. Hardly overpriced.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0