03-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #41
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny325 View Post
Just wish Bmw went back to simplicity. I’m not a fan of current models. Either too many curves/lines, and huge grills. The 8 series looks like a Mustang, and the 3 looks like a Lexus.
I think the 8 series looks great. The Mustang is a good looking car in the eyes of most North Americans and sharing some lines with it is not exactly a bad thing. Automakers can't win as "simplicity" would be considered bland and tame by many and it's usually the minority that is the most vocal against new styles. Sales at the end of the day will always be the true test of how well styling has been received. BMW had a pretty good year last year so it seems to me that plenty of buyers seem to be totally fine with the new grilles. I think for the most part the current lineup looks good and I'm on the fence with the upcoming M3/M4 buck tooth style kidney grilles but until I see them in person I'm not going to jump to any conclusions as I feel as posted above in regards to the GTR that over time people warm up to bold styles.
Appreciate 1