09-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #181
BMWRL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 528xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The Spyder version is coming to the i8 .

Once again the same nonsense, V8 , V10 Supercar blah , blah .
The i8 will not crossover to BMW M. Its genes will benefit BMW M.
We have proven we do not need a Supercar at this time and the new M4 will further that statement. In a world where our competitors are electrifying existing concepts BMW have proved to be more innovative and more creative in their choices.
I have watched some of our competitors completely scrutinise both the i3 and i8 this afternoon and they are concerned , really concerned.
One abandoned this idea in favour of an electrified current sports car that will not make production and both are quite distant from the benefits of mass volume CFRP in a volume production model.

In 2 years time the all new BMW 7er which heralds an all new aluminium,CFRP mix architecture , CFRP body panels and high tech driver and passenger HUDs using the latest ConnectedDrive innovations will be the most technically advanced production BMW ever.

Today is more than a special day , its a day that BMWs leadership has effectively transformed the perspective of mobility. Today everybody shows where the market is at .

BMW want to show you where it's going...
AMEN! Well said Scott26, haters are always gonna hate, especially when they know that this car is above the rest.