View Single Post
      02-17-2023, 07:45 AM   #228
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambros84 View Post
I ordered an i4 M50 with 20" wheels in July 2022 through mycompany car scheme here in UK.
The car delivery was supposed to happen around February/March 2023.
Since October I started to receive an extra 2 months delay every month and the last communication was 'expect the car around July 2023'.
They got in touch again and said that if I change the size of the wheels to 19" they might still be able to deliver it at around that time, otherwise I should expect another couple of months delay at least. Also, for some unknow reason, the amendment would also add about £20 per month extra on every single payment. Cheaper wheels...higher payment... not sure what wheels size have to do with semi-conductors tbh.
I was wondering if anyone had this kind of situation and if there's a way to get out of it without cancelling or delaying the order any further.
Waiting more than a year for a car, especially when the estimation was slightly more than a third of it initially, sounds a bit shady. Also because with the change they proposed they want to basically also increase my quote.
Any suggestion?

p.s.= I also checked the BMW car stock finder https://stock.bmw.co.uk/ and there are quite a few models with very similar specs to mine available; I'm a bit unsure why they haven't proposed anything as such
I was given a build slot in October and my dealer talked me into taking the 20”wheels, this had no bearing at all on the build
Appreciate 0