View Single Post
      07-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
TYMAH123
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 SAV

I bought my car after a 3 year lease. The price would be specified in your contract that you signed when you leased the car (residual value). Mine was something like $37K and I was only able to drop it down to $35.5K no matter what I tried. Went to a couple of dealerships also and they showed me what BMW is expecting to get from them from this sale (probably bs of course) but I did exhaust all of my options and nobody could offer me a better deal. Even offered the guy cash under the table for my target price, they wouldn't take it. They did however offered me a better bank rate than my bank so that was a little bit of good news there. I originally was shooting for $5K off my residual value but kept hitting a solid wall of NOs. So to make a long story short you probably will have to pay pretty close to what is spelled out in your original contract. That's my $0.02.
PS You do save around $500-600 on the return inspection/transportation fees as well but they usually wave those if you're buying another BMW from them. I had a Benz before and they got me for that since I wasn't getting another Mercedes.

Last edited by TYMAH123; 07-24-2015 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0