07-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #33
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
I have standard 215/245. I feel the grip is missing mainly in the front, so 245/245 should do the trick, but I have yet to get anyone confirm that it wont rub when stock. If someone could confirm this, it might be possible to order rear ri.s to the front and put Michelin pilot supersports all around. I bet that would solve it, but I dont want to modify the chassis, it would have to be stock.
Thanks for the feedback on the front grip issue. The Michelin PSS 245s sound like a great idea, if it can be accomplished.

As an afterthought and in my specific case, I would be less inclined to sacrifice ride in favor for better track handling. While there may be enough clearance between the 245s and the front arches, chances are the springs and related suspension components will have to be stiffened in order to support the handling and to prevent rubbing from occurring. I would also have to consider adding additional paint film protection along the aft panel section of the front wheel wells since the 245s will definitely protrude out from the front arches. Guess I'll stick to borrowing my friends' track cars for the occasional novice runs.
Appreciate 0