07-23-2015, 02:20 PM   #39
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
^^^^^

Ok. I appreciate the effort of the post but there are so many things wrong with this. In the first race it seems that the i8 didn't know it was beginning. I understand that the Tesla launches hard but the difference in 0-60 times between these cars doesn't speak to that type of drubbing.

I'd like to see the two race with BOTH using launch control at a real track...not a street venue. Until I see this, the rest is just noise.

Pls keep in mind that the P85D is a fine piece of engineering and I considered one as a sedan but I don't consider it to be competition for the i8. Additionally as a "racing machine" I kind of view it as the old Buick Grand National GNX...it's great up to 130 or so. In order to NEVER lose to one I simply won't race his/her race.

I discourage people from racing my M6 with the following phrase: Sure I'll race you... rolling start, 100mph to 200mph, winner gets $5000. It's amazing how much bravado is deflated with those few words.

Cheers-MK
You guys are crazy.. First off, this is the "old" P85D, which was recently updated to produce more power and with better cooling so it is no longer limited as the OP stated.

The updated Tesla P85D is 2.8s 0-60. End of story. i8, and frankly any car, will take a serious drubbing.

So everyone that's pointing to the fact that the i8 is a sports car, with Honda Civic width tires, while the P85 is not... Then what's the i8s Nurburgring time ??
“This car is not about the race track,” says i8 project director Dr Carsten Breitfeld. Oh, I see...
So it's just a nice looking 2 seater that gets smoked in a straight line by a family hauler/grocery getter and isn't designed for the race track.
Appreciate 0