View Single Post
      03-08-2018, 08:58 AM   #46
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
I got a bad taste in my mouth for CF in 08 just before the wave and I'll never forget the guy that said to me go get CF cert'd and you'll see your 6 different training certifications mean nothing for the body. I just smiled and said ok. My biggest pet peeve is the WOD concepts and lack of real complimentive structure, especially when against the clock. #rhabdoisntcool

Another big flaw that results in a lot of injuries is excessive mobility or hyoerflexion of joints. People forget that the muscles are giant rubber bands essentially and there is supposed to be a certain level of "tightness". That and the fact that in the 3 ranges of motion the body has, somehow CF discovered a non existent 4th Lol.

Bad coaches are beyond the problem, and IF people think the "bro" mentality of the gym is exhausting then just go to a CF facility. It automatically is a room full of experts, and what they teach is the right way..... and everybody is cookie cutter in teachings of alignment.

In order to even step foot in a CF facility one should have a sheer understanding of strict training, and a background in physical activity and NOT obese! The movements are not designed for a novice user and that includes using PVC to do RDLs or overhead squats and someone who's obese in the first place!

It's good thing you went hybrid though, we've called it cross-training for the last 30yrs!!

In all seriousness though, this chick is probably one of the best examples to adherence to mechanics and hybrid philosophy.

https://www.instagram.com/steficohen/
Everyone has a different experience with their introduction to CF, mine was a good one back in 2009. Sounds like not so much in your case. I will agree CF can be more injury prone due to the intensity and vast array of movement combinations. Those who are out of shape and obese really need to be careful on how they begin training in CF. A better way for these ppl to start would be more of a CF Lite type training to those starting from square one with little to no exercise or fitness experience.

IMO CF was better off when it was a more specialized type of training for those already in shape and familiar with a majority of the movements. Example...I was a collegiate Football / Lacrosse player so during those years and after I did Cleans, Snatches, plyo and agility stuff all rolled together during season and off season. My body was already adapted to this type of training.

When CF went to the masses and started chasing the money things changed. Not everyone is built for CF. But I say hey give it a try, but you need to recognize if it’s not for you.

As for Stef Cohen I’ve seen lots of her videos, impressive girl. Puts up some great numbers.
Appreciate 0