methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Congrats op. I really really like the rsq8.

My wife is adamant on the cayenne gts as our next suv but I'm going to give this one a solid look.

Just a great bargain compared to the Porsche.
Thanks! I hear you on the GTS, I cross-shopped it hard before buying this car. I had my spec completely dialed in, had an order queued up and everything, and was down to really deciding what color (chalk or grey or blue... chalk or grey or blue... urrrgh). But ultimately, I came to realize that the Porsche premium was just too much for me. It's weird to think of value when talking about 130k cars, but the GTS spec I had was 145-ish and I was still leaving out some creature comforts that I wanted; whereas, the RS Q8 has the Turbo equivalent engine, all the creature comforts for 20k less (and, what, like, 60k less if I went whole hog and did the Turbo). That's lot of money. So when I wrapped my head around that, it made the decision easier.

That, and I'm actually a huge fan of Audi's focus on comfort vs. performance. Call me old, but I didn't want a family hauler that rides on rails (looking at you X5 M), I wanted a comfortable car that I could hoon when I wanted to. And this one hit the nail on the head in that regard. It's just super quiet and stealth on comfort mode, but I put it in RS2 and it jumps to life, even during break-in when I haven't come close to opening it up fully.