12-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #254
GAJA
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I like my Milgauss well enough, but it wears heavy, heavier than most Rolexes. I think the Faraday cage inside is what makes it that way. The green crystal is quite cool. Inside, it's often not obvious that it's green, but out in the sun, it shows as clearly green.

I got bored with it eventually. I spent some time trying to figure out what to do with it. Found this group called Blaken who customize watches. Sent them an email and await their reply. You can have your watch customized to suit your tastes (Choose the Individual link from the top of this page - http://www.blaken.com/en/home)

Here are a few examples:

What's not clear to me is whether after modifying the watch whether I have to then send it back to them for servicing. I know that if I send it to Rolex, they'll remove all the mods, restore the watch to its original style/condition and send me a bill for having done so, along with the charge for the service (the thing for which I'd have sent it to them).

I only recently learned of the option of customizing a watch, so I'm still exploring who else can do it. It seems the main customization is to apply DLC/PVD to the watch's exterior and mess with the coloring of the various design bits -- hands, dials, markers, borders, etc. Even so, it seems like a nice way to freshen up an existing watch of which one has grown tired.

I've found other companies who also do it and I've reached out to a couple of them also.
All the best.
This is a man who knows his aftermarket Rolex customizers! Tony, I looked at the titanblack website before I ordered mine! loved the black colour, not so sure about the prices they charge, If I was a millionaire it would be a no brainer, to have a unique, interesting watch but it was very good fun to play with their configurater to find my favourite design!

I have a feeling that as you buy it as new from Titan, etc. you would send it back to them for servicing, repairs as the watches they sell are brand new and then they work their magic using your specs that were specified. So, the warranty is through them.

I like the feeling that I am wearing it, I don't find it overly heavy, it's perfect for me and I feel that I am wearing a piece which has substance and quality. The green crystal is cool but wasn't worth the £500 increase in price they wanted for it. I mean, really? £500 for a bit of crystal, someone is making it up!

A bit more I've noticed about the green crystal, sorry! The detailing is subtly different on the dial on the clear glass version, this was another reason for me to go clear! I have orange square markers instead of numbers, this I preferred. Brings the dial a bit more colour I think & matches that striking second hand! Lastly, the green edition has minute markers, the clear version has a marker within the minute marker, this I like.

You must post an update on the forum if you decide to go "after market", I would be very interested in seeing your creation & it may spur me on to go down the same route. You could also use the forum to ask for assistance in choosing your special should you be unsure which mod looks best! just a suggestion. Good luck with your choice.

Cheers. GAJA
Appreciate 0