07-14-2017, 03:56 PM   #145
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Yeah, this is pretty close to what I have. Works fine for me, I just like the clean look of the other stand.

I noticed your wife's TT has electronic shifting. Do you have it on your bikes as well? If so, how do you like it? What's the ballpark cost to go that route?
Yes, i do. I love it. Would have a difficult time going back. I think my favorite thing is the shifting dynamic of right shifts up, left shifts down. Very intuitive in my opinion. You get all the benefits of cable less shifting with either option. As other have mentioned, no barrel adjusting stretched cables anymore. 2 less rusted sticky cables to deal with. As outlined above, i feel the dual battery set up is ideal. You're far less likely to get stuck out on the road without the ability to shift due to a dead battery when you have two of them.

Just for shifting components.... Shifter, F & R derailleurs, batterie(s) and charger.

Wireless electronic - Red eTap is about $1,600. (not sure if they are coming out with a Force eTap set)

Wired electronic - Dura Ace Di2 is about $1,400.

Wired electronic - Ultegra Di2 is about $800

I would assume set up on Di2 is pretty straight forward and easy. From experience, i can tell you that eTap set up is super simple. No wires to run, no batteries to hide/mount, simple pairing, simple micro adjustments. It's near dummy proof if you watch the SRAM install video.