04-09-2020, 07:50 AM   #44
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Got it - all that makes sense. I'm sure the public institutions will be reimbursed eventually from the public coffers. But the smaller private colleges are probably in a world of hurt. They're seeing their endowments lose value and are probably having to dip into them to cover expenses.

There's some speculation that this will be the impetus for major change at colleges and universities, but I'm skeptical. I think there will only be major structural changes when/if higher education is weaned off of its addiction to student loan debt, but I'm not climbing onto that soapbox here.
One change that is happening at our school is that *all* the faculty are finally learning about our Learning Management System (LMS), which is where the online courses reside. All classes, online or not, have a course shell on the LMS, but many faculty have never used it. Now all of a sudden they're beginning to understand how powerful a tool it is and they're starting to use our other tools that they've long neglected.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615259.00