CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I'm in the core age demographic and resisted for the longest time but gave in because....I'll admit I felt it was holding me back with dating. Unfortunately a lot of girls, even intelligent and accomplished ones, subconsciously view you with suspicion if you don't have one.

I've found it mostly comes down to how you use it. I mainly follow automotive and sports pages. I try not to follow people who I don't know well and/or don't care about. The one thing you can't escape is the littany of advertisements for bullshit products.

Most people get caught into the trap of following "influencers" who make a living on posting bs relentlessly. I live near LA too so there's a lot of these types. Dudes will stare at dumb chicks all day on Insta and boost their egos, while simultaneously feeling unhappy because they aren't with that girl.
Agreed 100%.

I'm not making an account though. If someone doesn't want to date me because I don't have 1 of their preferred forms of social media (I still have FB and Snapchat so I'm not a totally unlisted creep), they can politely go fuck themselves. Their loss. You don't want to date chicks like that anyway. They would probably be the ones scrolling through it during the entire date.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0