11-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #9797
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Nice going. Great TV that I was actually considering to replace my 5yr old 80in LED downstairs with. However, I could not pass up on another Sony LED that went on a super deal for Cyber Monday. Although not OLED, it is a Bravia and 85in of 4K LED goodness! ��
It'll be here soon...
I believe I probably went with the same. Been waiting on a deal for something for the basement theater I’m building and just no good deals have come up. I was between the Samsung QN90 or the LG C1 OLED although I really wanted to go 85” and I was only considering the 77” LG because the larger one is just stupid $$.

Anyways no real deals on any of those over black friday weekend so ended up going with a Sony X91J 85”. Spec wise it seemed to be on par with the Samsung but was significantly less $$. I have a cheapo LG 85” at home in FL and honestly I like it apart from the black levels. I have a small 55” in the living room in NC a cheapo TCL and honestly, it has very impressive black levels compared to my LG and I believe it uses a Samsung QLED panel. I think I am good with that black level which from everything I’ve read the Sony should be on par with.

Now I actually need something to put it on… it’s coming Dec 7th.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13851.00