View Single Post
      06-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
jcpca356
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8

Much better than Gallardo

1) So if you drove a lot in 1 day, and your electrical engine is out of power, does it mean you now using just the rear wheels of the car?

No. Gas engine continually charges elec. motor

2) Continuing question #1, if your electrical engine out of power, does it mean all you have in terms of power is a 3 cylinder rwd motor, and honda civic has a chance to beat you in a drag race?

see number 1

3) How is the car in terms of speed after 150km/hr? Does it feel like there is a big lack of power?

no lack of power see number 1

4) I haven't had a chance to check out the car closely, but does the interior of the car seem cheap?

Gallardo interior is a lot cheaper

5) Did you have any engine problems so far?

None. On my 2 past gallardos, lots. e gear pump, CEL, clutch, $$$$$

6) How attention grabbing is i8?

Much more than Gallardo

7) How many km can you drive on 1 tank and full charge? (realistically)

about 350 miles

8) Is it a good investment? Apparently the price is keep going up for i8, but it might drop like a rocket if the new i8m comes out, or i8 becomes more available in quantity

Much better investment than Gallardo for sure.

9) What if someone park super close to your door? Gallardo can open just a little, giving me a chance to squeeze in, the doors on i8 go all the way up. Anyone had problems?

I had problems with the gallardo doors because the end of the door was so sharp and the door itself was very thick. ingress/egress is much better than Gallardo