Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
A little more clarification:

1) It depends on the setting. I have comfort in discharging,but sport recharges.

2) The car is not a supercar and you need all power to get 0-100 km/h in about 4 sec. If you drain the battery, you have a 1500kg light car with 231 bhp,quick,but not lightning fast. Then again it depends on the setting as mentioned above. In e-drive it just drains the battery until it is empty.

3) The Gallardo does 200km/h in about 12s,560-4 about 11s, the i8 about 14s, so there is a difference,but it doesnt feel slow. You dont get the feeling like in my Porsches that they seem to accelerate faster, the faster you go, but the accelration is stable and adequate. Havent noticed the big fade as is noticable in a Tesla P85D, where you think you aregoing to have a blackout first and then the acceleration fades quickly. Though you must undestand the philosophy behind this car is a compromise of sportiness and enviromentaly friendly. If they would have wanted a cannon,they would have placed 2 electric engines like in the Porsche 918 and a more powerful 2.0 liter engine in the car, but this car is quick, good looking and economical. It looks like a hypercar, but acts more like a sportscar GT. I like it, but I am not so eager to go to the track with it as a 911 turbo. Feg the first time I accelerated the car into a corner after break-in period I had immense grip,but at a certain speed you feel that your tyres will come of the rims,vs in a Porsche it tends to powerslide a little. Again,if they would have wanted a supercar for the track,the tyres would have been wider. After all this, I must say I love the car. That said, if they will bring a 911 Turbo Hybrid, I probably will hop back to Porsche.

4) The interior is nice, but not unique like the exterior. Lots of similarities with my X5 feg. buttons, idrive.

6) Horrible. People following me just to get pics, everywhere you go you have to take 5 mins to answer questions. I never thought it could be like this, on the upside,all are positive. Everybody loves how it looks,it just is a beautiful car.

7) Probably 500-600km, depends totally on your right foot.

8) Cars that are built more than 1000 units and cost less than 1million, are very rarely a good investment. I would say almost never.

9) You need some extra space, so I tend to park so that I control the space on the drivers side.

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0