View Single Post
      03-08-2020, 09:03 PM   #16
tooloud10
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
It's true that some domestic vehicles in general have cheaper feeling hard plastic panels and wider panel gaps. Those are the ones that gives you 350HP, tow 10,000 pounds and fit 8 people for the same price as a 3 series BMW 4 cylinder model.

For comparison, take a look at the new C8 Corvette interior and compare that to a $60K BMW and you can see that BMW made cost cutting measures.
I actually had a '15 Ford F150 Lariat that stickered for $59k and the interior felt like it was a higher quality than my loaded E70 from '07.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Agree. My oldest son has a Mazda6 Signature (~$36k), and honestly, some of the materials and placement of them are much better than a 2 or 3 series of double the cost. To get a "true luxury interior" in a BMW with nice higher quality materials, I believe you have to go for a 5/X5 and up.
Yep, the Mazda Signature models will embarrass even a mid-level BMW at this point in interior quality. Maybe not in outright performance, but many buyers aren't as worried about that at this point.