03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #49
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Its interesting that you mention that the BMW dealership was not able to resolve the issue. I have a friend here that is a mechanic and a year or two ago, he went to get a certification to understand and work on some of the newer BMW engines. The class he went to take was run by non other than Steve Dinian. From what he was told, there is a shortage of master mechanics here in the US and the quality of the people going to get their certification leaves a lot to be desired. Its interesting to see that a similar issue is possibly affecting the European market.

All the more reason to go out and find those independent shops that know what they are doing, just like you did
Yeah . I saw it here on BP that my issue was very common with my DCT second gear lag.
And I saw it could be fixed by the DCT software upgrade . That was the main reason why I called Mike in LA .
One thing is for sure , Mike's knowledge is beyond our understanding .
He's a great guy and always very friendly and motivated , his customer service is outstanding . Actually he became a friend from me

As for BMW/Dealers in general : The run behind the facts ,it's like with the S65/85 engines and the ticking noises and bearing failures .
They said to me it's just normal . And they never heard about S65 bearing failures .
I said : Are you guys serious ? And I got far going discussions about the whole situation while I showed them the "Blown motors, Rod Bearing failure S65 Registry" thread.
It's for sure , they know about it . But they just deny ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick59587.50
apexit41230.50