09-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #85
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I would not say it will not pass, you can look at it this way, it was way for the government to raise your taxes without showing up as tax deduction on your pay check. Most of these people live off the government and the government is hard press to keep raising our taxes only to give it to these people since everyone getting fed up with it.

So if they force minimum wage up then these people get off the government payroll so they government can spend that money elsewhere and say they did not raise you taxes. However, business cost increase and they pass it along to use so at the end of day you have less money to spend elsewhere and these workers get a higher pay check and pay more taxes to the government so they get to collect more taxes in the end.

When the Government looks at increasing wages like this they take into consideration how much more taxes they get to collect. That is part of the analysis they do.
Yes not many understand there is a method to their madness.. however the real irony is that our president wants to end income inequality but keeps on letting the Fed institute policies that make the rich, richer. I don't understand why he doesn't get it. Raising min. wage will have a temporary effect of getting cash into the hands of the poor but longer term will ruin the incentive to start new businesses. You cant rob peter to pay paul without consequences..

Now I don't think that $7.25 is exactly fair at the moment but $15? really wtf! something more modest like $9 would be better considering the inflation that we have experienced.

Sorry I usually only lurk here but I was just having this debate at work with someone and I couldn't help vent.. lol.. btw Im no conservative hater though I guess I am a fiscal conservative... I actually voted for this guy, I figured he was lesser of two evils... sad horn...
Appreciate 0