03-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #15
wpTXX5
Rep
Drives: XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpTXX5 View Post
The 60 days of inspection is in the contractors control. If the contractor continually failed inspections by improper installation and not resolving the items in a timely manner I would say that they are at fault.

Imagine building a house and the builder says "sorry I took so long I just kept failing inspections because I didn't install things correctly"....contractor is completely at fault and probably not competent to build a house.
Ok it might be his fault technically, but legally you'll need to establish negligence (i.e. that his work fell sufficiently below the standard of care for the industry). It's always hard to establish that the service fell below the standard of care.
Actually not in this case. If a government inspection entity such as a building department issued multiple deficiency reports and/or red tags relating to work not meeting code it is pretty easy to prove in a court of law. Of course most construction related claims never go to court but often end in arbitration or mediation depending on what method the contract assigns as first resolution. Trust me I do this every day....
Appreciate 0