03-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #9
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
It's just awful news. Lost my grandmother to it. She was cruising around enjoying life up until a week before she died. No idea she even had it, or, she hid it VERY well. With a 10% survival rate it would be a tough choice for me. Treat aggressively and have a 90% chance of death and a 100% chance of being absolutely F'ing miserable for the last months of my life. Or, accept the hand I've been dealt and enjoy the last days to the fullest, without all the chemo and other treatments, and probably feel pretty good for 90% of those last days. Theres an excellent chance one could be laying in a hospital bed, bald, barfing, and losing the battle. Thinking to one's self "I could be a on beach right now sipping a fruity cocktail and playing with the grandkids." I respect the Hell out of those who choose to fight. I dont know that I'd have it in me.
Lost my mom to stage 4 breast cancer, and after seeing the suffering (both mental and physical) that she endured after chemo it definitely changed my perspective on fighting it.

My view on stage 4 cases is enjoy your last days with your family and friends, especially with pancreatic cancer.

This may be a harder decision for some that have younger kids. It's a double edge sword either way you look at it.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00