View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #41
eswimm
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasH View Post
There is a LOT to like about the Taycan - electric, 4 seats, good range and performance, nice interior, likely good build quality & reliability (vs Tesla).

I just wish they hadn't ruined it by moving so far away from the Mission E concept look. And it is VERY heavy, at 2.2 tonnes.

Had it looked like the concept, I almost certainly would have had one for my next family car.
That's exactly why I love the i8, it stayed so true to the concept car, minus the crazy glass doors.

The Taycan looks decent, I'm glad to see Porsche coming out with a fairly compelling EV, but I'm still somewhat skeptical. I feel it's a little underwhelming compared to what you can get for half the price from Tesla.

I realize Tesla bashing is about as popular here as BMW bashing is on my Tesla forums, but after nearly 20 years of BMW ownership I can safely say that the ownership experience isn't vastly different on either side. In addition to the i8, I own 2 Teslas; I replaced my X6M with a Model X P100D and a 335i Convertible with a Model 3 RWD.

Part of me feels like Porsche held back in the Taycan so that it wouldn't threaten its own ICE vehicles.
Appreciate 0