View Single Post
      04-24-2020, 05:13 PM   #28
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Update time! What a F'ing mess!

Got the car back. It's flawless. Big relief there. Super happy with the shop.

As for the insurance side, the shop and I teamed up on the insurance adjuster and got LIMU to assign a local adjuster who actually went out and looked at the car. He was able to authorize OEM crash bars but dug in hard on the OEM bumper covers. The difference between the Chinese bumper covers and OEM was about $300 so of course I sprung for OEM and paid the difference out of my pocket.

Now I get to go about collecting that $300 back from LIMU. Now it's personal. I'll be drafting a letter to a Sr. VP at LIMU that the bodyshop gave me the name of, and copying the physical damage claims rep and the medical damages claim rep. I'll be accusing them of deceptive and dishonest practices and threatening to go to the WA State insurance commissioner with a claim, and blasting my experience all over social media. My supporting evidence of deceptive and dishonest actions is as follows:

1) Statement from LIMU that they will only cover aftermarket bumper covers from Keystone, the Chinese manufacturer.

2) E-Mail from Keystone stating they do NOT have M2 bumper skins in stock and sceenshots from their ordering portal showing the part is NOT available. IOW, LIMU will only pay for parts that are unavailable.

3) E-Mail from LIMU medical claims adjuster trying to get me to settle the medical claim and assuring me that signing the release document was only for the medical side and would not have any impact on my ongoing dissatisfaction with the property damage side of the claim.

4) Said "medical" release claim from LIMU that clearly states that signing releases LIMU for any further medical AND property claims.

5) About 4 e-mails back and forth between me and the medical claims rep questioning if the document really only applies to medical and not property, culminating in this gem of a statement from the medical claims officer: "Not to worry, that is a commonly asked question. While in theory the release does have language that discusses settlement of “all claims”, it is a long-established and understood practice that signing the injury release would not preclude any further questions or settlement on your property damage claim. You have my word that signing the release to settle your injury claim now would not alter our ability to issue future payments on your vehicle claim should other issues with repairs be discovered" LOL "you have my word..." Come on buddy.

All this over $300. LIMU done pissed me off. Time to go to war!
Appreciate 2
paliknight2191.50
Nuckle2218.00