04-27-2020, 08:54 AM   #32
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Oddly enough I was on my way to my chiropractor for my monthly "tune up" and a massage appointment when I got hit. I've been seeing the same chiro for about 7 years. He's excellent and knows what's normal for me and what isnt. He was a life saver when I herniated my low back about 5 years about. He took X-Rays and confirmed my neck was a little tweaked as well one vertebrae which has never been an issue for me in the past. I'm really lucky in that it was a pretty low speed impact. I did several visits in the weeks following, then COVID hit and I kinda dropped it. it's been 2 months and I feel OK so I'm cautiously optimistic IO'm outta the woods but Ill be keeping the medical claim open and not settling for a few more months just to be safe.
Sorry to hear that. If you have something visible on xray, then I would double down on my advice. Get your guy's suggestions for the better ortho/rehab people in your area and get a full medical consult, with better imaging (usually MRI). Those transient 'little tweaks and pains' can be the body equivalent of that small puff of smoke at startup that goes right away - occasionally a sign of something much more significant where early prevention will be way better than waiting for something really dramatic to occur. This comes from almost 20 years working in spinal cord injury/rehab - I've seen a whole lot of bad stuff that started with these types of fairly minor injuries, left unattended until something wore out or busted loose. Mind you this is not the likely, or even common outcome; usually people heal up well. But if you don't, you'll drop more than the whole accident cost you for the first round of real treatment. It is far less of overkill than trying to go after diminished value on the car.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50