View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #33
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Sorry to hear that. If you have something visible on xray, then I would double down on my advice. Get your guy's suggestions for the better ortho/rehab people in your area and get a full medical consult, with better imaging (usually MRI). Those transient 'little tweaks and pains' can be the body equivalent of that small puff of smoke at startup that goes right away - occasionally a sign of something much more significant where early prevention will be way better than waiting for something really dramatic to occur. This comes from almost 20 years working in spinal cord injury/rehab - I've seen a whole lot of bad stuff that started with these types of fairly minor injuries, left unattended until something wore out or busted loose. Mind you this is not the likely, or even common outcome; usually people heal up well. But if you don't, you'll drop more than the whole accident cost you for the first round of real treatment. It is far less of overkill than trying to go after diminished value on the car.
Thanks! Great advice!
Appreciate 0