03-03-2022, 10:29 PM   #12
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Is the cargo area really as small as it appears in video? My wife is coming out of a 958 Cayenne (previous gen) and in watching the video, she's quite disappointed by the seemingly small cargo area on the iX.

By the measurements it doesn't seem that small. But looking at it, it looks underwhelming. The current X5 (and Cayenne for that matter) both have cargo areas bigger than hers.
The videos make the trunk look very narrow, but in reality the trunk is not that narrow and is in fact the same width as the X5 trunk.

I had compared the trunk to my X5 and had this to say in an old post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
For sure it is going to be less practical than an X5 trunk for hauling large items/boxes. I was pleasantly surprised that it was as wide as my X5 trunk and as deep. We measured 44 inches wide, 41.5 inches deep in the center, a little less as you move to the sides, and about 29 inches in height at best but in an irregular shape (measured to the roof with the trunk divider thing removed). There is a 4 inch difference with the X5 in terms of height and the X5 trunk is more square. This was fine for us to have our roadtrip layout with our suitcases in the trunk with a tunnel in the middle for the dog to be in the ski pass area, which was what I was hoping for.
When I said the X5 trunk is more square, I meant the top part that is irregularly shaped in the iX mainly due to where the hinges for the trunk are. Most of the difference with an X5 trunk is that height difference.
Appreciate 2
Needsdecaf6599.00
Paladin15556.00