View Single Post
      07-17-2022, 07:32 PM   #1
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Test drove an i4 M50 today

It was quicker than I thought it would be. I have test driven a couple of Taycan Turbos and this car was comparable. I got it out on the freeway and happened to see a Tesla Model 3 Performance a couple of lanes over. I got behind him and I think he sped up a bit and changed lanes to get out of my way. I pulled up next to him and looked over at him try to get his attention just for fun. Then I stomped on the accelerator and the Tesla just flat disappeared. Now, he wasn’t racing me, but I was shocked at how quickly I left him him behind. I was probably going 75 or 80 and the car just got up and flew. I’m afraid it would destroy my i8 by any performance metric. It’s an impressive vehicle - very smooth ride, great features, overall a very nice car, however… It does not have the presence or the charisma of an i8. It goes like hell but it’s just not special enough. I may order one anyway and keep the i8. The i4 is a hoot to drive. When you floor it the front end lifts as if it’s going to do a wheelie. It’s very practical and certainly flies under the radar a lot more than the i8. And, after shopping the Porsche, this thing seems like an absolute bargain. Still not sure how I feel about that grill though…
Appreciate 0