View Single Post
      07-18-2022, 08:38 AM   #2
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Test drove the i4 M50 offered by a local dealership, which sold us several BMWs over the years, including our 2015 i8. The i4 M50 test car's portimao blue exterior paint was strikingly beautiful. Also, the car proved surprisingly agile and offers a comparable ride to my Porsche Taycan Turbo, though it feels slightly taller in stance behind the wheel. The sales representative wanted to impress us with how quickly the car sprints. So we performed several runs on a private road (both from launch control and rolling start) between the 2020 Taycan Turbo and the i4 M50, which lagged noticeably behind the Porsche. Perhaps the lag was due in part to this particular test car. The other issue for me as well as my wife was the huge grills that the i4 sports. On the plus side, BMW's PCM and software are significantly better than Porsche. Overall, I think the i4 M5 is a great all-around performance EV in contrast to what's currently available. As for me, the front grills may require some getting used to. However, it's a non-starter for my wife, the one who's looking to purchase another vehicle.
Appreciate 0