grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
My 256G iPhone Xs trade in value is ~$550. A new 265G iPhone 11 Pro is $1150. So $600 or $50 a month. I spend more than that on music streaming (and related services) alone! I spend more than $50 on eating some days! You people saying the phone is expensive must be some super-frugal BMW owners. 🤷🏻*♂️

Perhaps the issue is you guys aren't upgrading often enough, and you're ponying up the entire $1050? Even then it's $95/month.
It's not about money, sure I could afford to upgrade every year but the hardware isn't advancing fast enough anymore to justify buying a new phone. The software/apps don't require faster processing. Other than face unlock or whatever it's called, stylistic changes with full screen vs chins and selfie camera notches, etc the new phones don't offer much difference. And a tiny improvement in phone camera clarity or gimmicky added features don't make sense to get rid of a phone that still works. The only reason to get a new phone now is if Apple via update slows your processor "to maintain battery life" which results in your phone essentially being unusable by Apple's scheduled obsolescence.

My profession was in IT, so I can appreciate wanting the latest and greatest but I also realize phones and computers have hit a bit of a road bump on real world performance advantages.

But yeah Apple and especially its stockholders love people like you that look down on others for not having the current release of phone, watch, iPad, laptop, etc.

Another reason I haven't upgraded in a couple generations is because I'm not prepared to give up my headphone jack as I won't compromise with Bluetooth's inferior sound quality and I can't be bothered with a pocket full of dongles.
Appreciate 0