Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Not trying to make this an argument about features thread, but I laid out the case for 4 features that Apple could implement to give many people a reason to consider the iPhone, without alienating its existing (and loyal) customer base. It's about options. To counter your points:

- Sure, 5G isn't widespread right now. For the price, shouldn't Apple be pushing this technology? Because it's usually true that whenever Apple implements a significant feature in the iPhone, the industry usually quickly follows to integrate that feature, Apple CarPlay and Apple Pay being 2 recent examples. I see no reason to keep this at the status quo..
I seriously doubt 5G will be useful until 2021 or later. Additionally, if providers decided to charge me a premium for 5G and/or it only works in dense urban area, they can keep it. At that point it is really only a marketing conversation.

Quote:
- Expandable storage is pretty useless to you. I can make the same argument that I don't need cloud storage because I have expandable storage locally on my phone. I actually prefer this route, because it's still the fastest way for me to transfer media between devices, rather than uploading/downloading from the cloud. And I don't need to pay a subscription service to do it. Again, different philosophy, but it's about having options. One doesn't invalidate the other..
Personally, I buy the smallest amount of RAM and keep everything in iCloud. If you're in the ecosystem, it's really nice. Everything (documents, pictures, etc.) is available on every device and its backed up. Once my RAID dies, I seriously doubt that I'll replace the HDs again. That said I would prefer 128 but 256 is next smallest bump on the Pros. Like another poster mentioned I use the storage for music, photos, videos and movies.

Quote:
- USB C absolutely does change things. If it didn't, Apple wouldn't have nuked all ports on the Macbook Pro for them, and now the iPad Pro has a USB C port. Having continuity in the entire lineup would have been nothing but well received. Nobody really complained when Apple switched from 30 pin to Lighting, or switched the iPad Pro to USB C due to the benefits both provided. I expect the same result if the iPhone made the switch as well..
They took the first step bundling the USB-C lighting charger with the phones. If they had moved to a complete USB-C solution we would have to listen to everyone cry and demand discounted dongles again, even though mostly everyone now is using wireless headphones. IMO they will eventually drop the port in favor of wireless charging and BT5 for file transfers to help improve the IPX rating of the phone.

Quote:
- Face ID vs. Touch ID is subjective. Personally, the notch doesn't bother me, but I would greatly prefer notchless with an in-screen fingerprint sensor. Or have both. A lot of people weren't happy when Apple got rid of the Touch ID sensor. But now when the competition can do it, Apple can't really make the case that it's for form factor/bezel elimination anymore. My cousin's sister can open her iPhone X with Face ID. They look nothing alike. Again, about options..
My one friend seems to have a problem with FaceID. I loved it. I could never get TouchID to work first try. As for your cousin's sister opening the phone, I call BS. Have your cousin's sister face your sister, if she is shoulder surfing to see if it will work then the phone will open. I thought the same w/my kids until, I complete removed myself from the sensors.

Quote:
Instead, Apple gave us a better camera and processor with claimed power optimizations and battery life. Isn't that par for the course? Aren't those the 2 things that basically need to be checked every time a new model is released? You may disagree with my points, but in my opinion, for the price Apple is asking for these flagship models, they could have tried a little harder this time around. It's not even a "S" year.
The camera lenses are really ugly and I was going to wait. Watching the keynote, I was planning to downgrade to the iPhone 11 but the Pro improvements in low light and other photo/video software enhancements changed my mind. Which I suppose some could argue isn't enough but it helps w/the kids school videos, etc. The improvements also cemented my decision to bag any future camera purchases, I was considering upgrading to the Nikon Z but no more. The improvements to the 4G/LTE speeds and battery life are just icing on the cake. Though my primary reasons is to keep my son's phone under AppleCare, which I do by giving him my current phone, buying a new phone and trading in his phone.

Last edited by omasou; 09-13-2019 at 09:02 AM..
Appreciate 0