View Single Post
      02-08-2022, 04:59 AM   #60
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
It's just off putting that its sent out under the guise of a help with BMW history thing, but really it seems to be more of a sales tactic with maybe a side history benefit. I never called so I don't know how hard the sales side is pushed, but they wouldn't have send out repeated cards to so many people if they weren't into to make money off it. My high school did pretty much the same thing.
Exactly. The cards state in dark bold print: "IMPORTANT: Verification of BMW Car Club of America member information is needed. Please call..." -- this is of course a ruse, a lie. It implies that something is amiss with one's membership and one must call right away to correct the problem when in fact there is no "verification" of "member information" needed, required or necessary in any way.

So the whole campaign is based on an intentional lie, a ruse, to con people into calling that number and then be presented with the telemarketing spiel. That is beneath the club and never should have been allowed to proceed.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 4
DocL1930.00
Mavus2029.50
02M3ForMe4261.50