BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
I'm very well aware of CCA's org structure, my point being that w/ 70+ chapters there are way more volunteers across the board than the few paid positions at the national office/Roundel....so the club is ~98% 'volunteer-run' There were many decisions made throughout the years that didn't pan out and significantly many more that did. After 50+ years, CCA still exists w/ 70k+ members and if people want to cancel their membership over a history project w/ a few mailers, that's their decision. But, seems to be overkill to me.
So you're willing to dismiss any stupid decision the Club makes because . . . "98% are volunteers"?

Way more than 98% of American citizens are not paid to sit in Congress or the Whitehouse, but those paid people are the ones who guide, govern, and create the laws and appoint the judges. They are also the ones we blame when something goes wrong. The Club is no different. If you don't like the direction the Executive Director (paid employee) is taking the Club, then let your area representative (a volunteer) know. The board is tasked with directing the Club. All I'm saying is if you don't like something the Club is doing, then either let them know or volunteer to run for office and change it. I've been there and done that and decided I'm done with it. Joining a Club to beat yourself with it is not a good plan. I think I said that in one of my first Roundel columns.l

I still want to see the Club financials. Maybe I missed them. Someone please point out where I can see them. Thanks
Appreciate 0