View Single Post
      12-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #26
mremg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TT RS, NC MX5

First post here - been lurking this forum for a while but never had anything to say, until now.

I agree with the reviewer atleast partially. Even though I'm ok with the sound, the introduction of turbos changes the character of the car. You get better performance, lower emissions, the low-end torque is great but there is something definitely lost when the engine is turbocharged. Mind you, all my cars except Miata are turbocharged and I'm very well familiar with the advantages and quirks of the turbo. As much as like the power surge, there are times I wish I had a super high revving NA engine with a throaty exhaust. Part of the experience is those minor intangible things that really can't be described in writing.

I'm pretty sure NA Porsches will be the next hot market items in 8-10 years. Just like how older manual super cars are worth a lot more than their Single/Dual clutch counterparts. I'm not sure if they'll get as ridiculously expensive as air-cooled 911s, but they'll definitely hold their value.

This makes the new R8 a rare breed of NA high-revving supercars. But, unfortunately no manual this time around.

Edit: Atleast, the 911 still has a 6-cyl turbo. The Boxster and Cayman are going 4-cyl turbo. That is just an abomination.
Appreciate 1